Siemens x PathFactory: Best Practices to Keep Top of Mind in 2023
New year, new ways to be productive! In 2023 resourcefulness is key, and this means making sure you’re getting the most out of the tools that your teams use. We sat down with Shelly Aufray, who leads Digital Marketing Campaigns & Lead Management at Siemens Industry Inc., Digital Industries – Factory Automation, to chat about the tried and true ways to achieve success with PathFactory this year. Here are five best practices to help your team be more productive and get the most out of your content in 2023:
- Review how you’re using content tracks: PathFactory offers the ability to create infinite experiences and while it can be enticing to create a new track for every effort, without proper governance this can be difficult to manage. Consider reusing well-performing tracks – appending unique UTM parameters ensures you can parse the data associated with different promotion efforts and most importantly, track the source of the traffic through PathFactory. Whether you choose to limit tracks to key themes, clone tracks to optimize by channel, or even create new experiences, remember to stay organized. Track naming conventions, tags, and proper folder set up makes managing your instance a breeze and ensures you can make the most of the rich analytics.
- Create a great content experience for your customer: A great content experience means avoiding dead ends in content journeys. For example, if prospects want to keep learning about your product and services, you can use an end promoter to direct them to a resource center. You can also use PathFactory’s Recommend track to create an experience that allows customers to consume a curated portfolio of content assets that recommend the next-best content based on previous content engagement behavior through the power of built-in AI.
- Align the content experience with your goals: From nurturing customers to driving demo requests, with PathFactory you can ensure visitors are taking the actions you want them to take. For instance, adding a form to content experiences can help collect information about prospects, while using an end promoter prompts them to request a demo with your sales team. Having a clear goal in mind will help you decide the next best step to help prospects continue their buyer journey on the path to MQL.
- Tie content to analytics: Using PathFactory gives you the ability to go beyond vanity metrics when it comes to content analytics. With standard web analytics tools, you can monitor high-level metrics like time on page and page views, but with content intelligence you’re able to tie your content’s impact to lead generation and potential sales. Assessing how your content impacts lead generation and campaigns is critical when negotiating marketing budgets. Learn more about Path Analytics HERE.
- Equip yourself with the right data: Data is the best way to become intelligent about content, make informed decisions, and iterate effectively. On top of that, data obtained via content intelligence helps overcome analysis paralysis and provides actionable insights that keep content strategy impactful.
PathFactory’s content intelligence identifies the topics your prospects are interested in so you can target the right users with high-value, data-driven content. Stop focusing on the quantity of assets you create, and get the most out of the quality content you already have.
Strategic and revenue-driven digital marketing, lead generation & project management professional with 13 years of international experience in Paris and London and a (20-year) career of devising, budgeting, executing, tracking, and reporting on successful, global marketing and sales channels, programs, partnerships, and employees. Passionate about helping enterprise brands fill the funnel with engaging content journeys based on ICPs that convert into marketing qualified leads.